Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pallet love

I know I'm not the only one who has a weird obsession with pallets. By the way who came up with the name pallet?

When I told my husband "I have to get my hands on some of those pallets" he looked at me like I had lost my mind (I get that look from him quite often)! "A what" he replied. After failing at trying to describe what I was talking about I finally just had to show him. At this point he still thinks I'm crazy! "Trust me" I say (seems like I say that a lot too).

On with my rambling story. So the other morning my husband had me drive him to the local hardware store. When we pulled up in the parking lot what should I see just sitting there. Yes, you guessed it a lonely pallet! I told my husband "we have to get that". I waited in our van while my husband went in to make his purchase (another story but I was still in my pajamas). When he came out he walked over to MY pallet and then put it in our van.


He said he asked the guy working if he could have it and the guy asked him why. He told him it was for his crazy wife. I do love that sweet husband.

So yesterday I am trying to decide what to do with the thing. The problem is I only have one (need to get more) and I have about fifty million ideas floating around in my head. Headboard, bookshelves, art, coffee table...hmmm.

I decided to make some art for our very undecorated master bedroom. The first step was to pry the wood apart. Little did I realize these things were put together my body building lumber jacks. I pulled and tugged and hammered away for over an hour, but I finally got off the boards I wanted to use.


I decided how I wanted them arranged and then nailed on a smaller board to hold the piece together.



This is what it looks like today. I am still trying to decide how I want to paint it.




I'm hoping make up my indecisive mind soon so I can share my finished product with you soon.
Until then here is some pallet inspiration...

source

source


source

source

source

source
source


source



Pallet overload!

Please note that under each inspiration picture I have put a source link back to the original owner/creator. If you want to PIN some of them (please do) follow the link back to the owner first and then PIN from their site NOT from here directly. I hope that makes sense. If you PIN IT from here it shows my blog as the source on Pinterest and I don't want to take credit for work that isn't mine.

If you want to follow me on Pinterest there is a button on my sidebar!

Also my first linky party is still going on. Feel free to link up as many creations as you want!

Have a great day!

                                                                                           Amy






3 comments:

  1. Great ideas! Sorry I missed your party this week, it's been crazy. Happy I found your blog, I'm going on to your home tour next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Party is still going on! jUst started yesterday!

      Delete
  2. Eek! LOVE all those ideas and I too would LOVE some pallets to work with (and my husband also gives me the, "What now?!" thing quite frequently). :)

    I'll go link up to your party and start following!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete