Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Canvas art project

Good morning all! Today I am going to share some projects I have been working on for the gallery wall in my daughter's bedroom.

When we first moved into our new home we just slapped some pictures on the wall of her room and called it a day. That wall over her bed has been bugging and nagging me every since. I just knew we could do much better.

Over the weekend I worked on some canvas art projects to add to our gallery collection. Here is what I came up with.


I began with just a plain canvas from the craft store.
For the paint strip canvas I just divided my canvas into thirds and then used painters tape to mark the lines.

Then I just painted on my three colors and removed the tape.



Once the paint was dry I used a white paint pen to write some fun names for the colors (my daughter's came up with the names)!


The quote canvas was an easy project as well. I used my Cricut machine once again to cut out my letters in vinyl. I applied my vinyl letters to the canvas and then just painted over them. 


Once the paint dried I removed the vinyl letters. Because this was a canvas the paint did bleed a little through the edges of the letters but my daughter and I agreed that we liked the look so I left it alone!
 
I can't wait to get her gallery wall completed! My daughter is working on painting her own canvas art for the room and then we can begin the headache fun of arranging everything!
 
Have a great Tuesday! Don't forget to come back tomorrow for another linky party!
 
                                                                                           Amy




16 comments:

  1. Just love your blog Amy! Your art work caught my eye because of the gray...loving gray right now.
    Can't wait to look around your blog, such inspiration!

    Have a great week,
    Andrea xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also love this post, it's really looking great, very nice theme chose for making wall art, this art start with a different project and finally get awesome look, artist have really great creativity and good imagination.

      Canvas Prints

      Delete
  2. I love the giant "paint chip" one! Pinning it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! Doing this gallery wall for my daughter is a challenge she has limited my color choices to mainly navy blue and gray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fabulous! I love the way the two coordinate...so cute! I'm glad I found your blog. I'm a new GFC and LF follower. I would love if you stopped by and followed back. Hope to see you soon, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me smile!

    xoxo
    twentyfour7

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of your wall arts! The circuit can do some pretty amazing things:) I think I may need to invest in one:) Just wanted to let you know that I am your newest follower! I hope you can stop by my blog and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet saying! Nicely done! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! I LOVE the colors you used. Looks very easy.

    Thanks for lining up to the Take it on Tuesday blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are adorable!! I love the saying. So sweet! Thanks for sharing at Thursday's Temptation,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the paint chip canvas! Those look like the exact grays we used to paint my daughter's furniture. Thanks for linking up @ the Delectable Home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that saying!! Great job on your canvases. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving both of those signs! The ombre one is really cool! Another great project from Home Happy Home!
    Thanks for linking it up @ CL!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  13. How are you getting your vinyl letters to stick to the canvas? We have tried everything and our self adhesive vinyl will not stick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used the Cricut vinyl made to go with the Cricut machine and it stuck to the canvas well enough to paint over. Good luck with your project!

      Delete