Monday, March 5, 2012

My pallet art

If you read my post last Thursday pallet love  you will remember I left you hanging with my unfinished piece of pallet art (don't you love a good cliff hanger). I got busy over the weekend and here is what I came up with.



Working with these pallets was not as easy as I thought it would. Be prepared for some manual labor prying those dang wood pieces off!
It started like this...

Then this...


I gave the piece a sanding with an electric sander and then painted it...



Wrote out my quote in pencil.



I used a small paintbrush to paint the words on. For the branches and birds I cut out shapes on my Cricut machine and then traced them in pencil.



I painted the birds on in layers one step at a time. 


When I was finished I gave it another light sanding with the sander just because I wanted a more distressed look. I love the finished piece! My kids like that there is a bird to represent each person in our family!


Now I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some more pallets. I've still got all those idea's floating around in my head!
 
Have a fantastic Monday!
 
                                                                                              Amy






16 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Very nice.

    -Jazmine
    keepitkrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love pallet art! Your's is adorable!! You did an awesome job:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! I just found your blog at a link party and am following. I'd love to have you stop by my brand new blog and follow, too:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that saying! It turned out great. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!! I love it! Thank you so much for sharing at Thursday's Temptation!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Those birds and branches make it adorable!

    Thanks for linking it up!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed reading this post!! very very cute! def something gr8 for the home!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute lil' birdies! I <3 pallets. My pinterest Home board is full of pallet ideas. :) I bet yours is too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice - that looks sooo cute! I love the birds. Yeah, it doesn't look too easy. We have some pallets in our basement. I haven't done anything with them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just about to give up on creating something decorative out of the pallets that I picked up this past summer...like you I was originally inspired by other bloggers and then grabbed some from Home Depot. I did paint one and hang it above my mantel, but after living with it for several months, decided that's not what I wanted for my family room. Anyway, I'm glad I found your latest pallet project at the Potpourri Party. I'm inspired again. I had fun looking around your blog and am your newest Linky Follower.

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute pallet art!! inspiring -following you from tdc-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet pallet art! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday! I always appreciate your participation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute - I love those little birds! Thanks for linking up @ the Delectable Home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that saying and the birds are so cute! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy! Hope to see you again -- links are open!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so sweet and I love the little birds!

    ReplyDelete