Friday, March 30, 2012

Numbered Plates

So did you guess what I was up to yesterday?

I think my little hints might have given me away.

I am a bit embarrassed to even call this a project, it was more of a non-project. Seriously it was so easy my eight year old could probably do this on her own. So brace yourself for the big reveal...



Yep, you guessed right I made decorative numbered plates.

If you've been following me for very long you will remember this post where I went on and on about my love for all things "numbered".

I looked and looked but could never find any plates with numbers on them so I decided to just make my own.

Remember this is a non-project! I started with a trip to the local dollar store where I purchased my plates. 3 plates = $3.00 {plus tax, but who's counting}.





Then I used my Cricut machine to cut out my vinyl numbers. I know not everyone has a Cricut, but you could easily just trace your numbers onto the vinyl and cut them out by hand.


Then I just applied the vinyl onto the plates and ta-da all done. I told you this was easy.

To hang them up I used this ingenious method I saw on
Pinterest.

Simply hot glue a paper clip onto the back for a plate hanger!

In total I think it took me about twenty minutes to complete and only cost $3.00.

Now that's my kind of non-project!

Well we have a busy weekend at our house. It's officially the first weekend of spring soccer! We are supposed to have nice weather for our first game which is great!

Hope you all enjoy your weekend!

                                                                                    Amy


25 comments:

  1. Amy,

    I guessed and I was right! I love these plates. Such an easy project, but absolutely ADORABLE!

    Thanks for linking to the party!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheap, easy, and peasy.

    Honestly, you had me at number 1. I too am a bit number nutty!

    Thanks so much for linking up to our Cinch party!

    :)

    Linda
    www.itallstartedwithpaint.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love plate walls and I love numbers - the two combined... fabulous!

    So glad you joined our Cinch party!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! Glad you could stop by. I'm a bit of a number nut myself!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the advanced technical hanging apparatus. ;) I am going to have to try that one- I have several plates that I just hadn't gotten around to buying a plate hanger for, and now I won't have to. Adorable plates :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So beautiful !! Lovely tip of making a plate hanger... !! Thanks for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have got a lovely home... Loved the home tour... especially your craft space,..and the framed photos on the wall... !!

      Delete
  7. These are so great Amy! I love all things numbers. :) Thanks for linking this too. :) Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute numbered plates! I need to do something above my cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them and so easy, I'll have to pin the idea on hanging them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is nothing better than a simple project, especially when it has a lot of impact! You go girl!

    Thanks for sharing on Mauvin' Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love em!!! I love anything numbered and these look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I love number decor! These look awesome! If I had a space to display dishes I would absolutely do this. The paperclip trick is a great tip!

    Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this looks great. I would love for you to stop by My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness those plates are super cute. What a wonderful idea. Thank you for this wonderful post! I would love it if you would share this at our What’s It Wednesday blog party. Hope to see you there.

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm loving me some numbers too...these plates are adorable. Off to the dollar store! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love easy projects like this - so cute!! These plates look so nice in your kitchen! Thanks for sharing the paperclip hanger method - I will try that next time I need to hang a plate - much cheaper than those plate hanger thingys! Heather @ settingforfour@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simple and quick but so pretty!! Love projects that take less than 30 minutes! Thanks for sharing at {Homemade By You}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Funny how black numbers on white can add so much. these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute idea! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Quick and easy and oh so, cute! Great tip for hanging the finished plates too. Thanks so much for linking on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The plates came out great. I love the paper clip on the back. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute...and easy! I seriously need me some kind of vinyl cutting machine...then I could do adorable projects like these. Thanks for sharing it at Inspiration Friday!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete