Friday, January 6, 2012

Office armoire reveal

Yesterday I challenged myself to organize and decorate my office armoire with only what I had here at home. No shopping, just one afternoon to get the armoire finished. Here is the before...

The first thing I did was clear everything out.

I did a few little diy projects
  1. recovered an old memory board with some leftover green fabric and added some white ribbon.
  2. to hold all my bills and mail supplies I used two boxes (one was a cracker box and one was a shipping box) and cut them down to the size I wanted. I then covered them in scrapbooking paper and used velcro to attach them to the sides of my armoire.
  3. I painted the inside of a glass jar with some crafting paint and wrapped more scrapbooking paper around it for a pen holder.
  4. I used chalkboard paint from another project and painted the insides of the armoire doors.
  5. I used white baskets that were just in storage to hold some of my mini scrapbook albums.

Here is the finished project...


When the doors are closed you can't tell there is an office hidden inside.


I'm thrilled that I completed this project quickly and without spending any money! Let me know what you think. If you have a organization or decorating project where you used only items you had on hand let me know. In the future I would love to post photos of others projects and ideas!

Have a great weekend!




                                                                                               Amy


Linking up this week...



11 comments:

  1. Amy, Can you come over and organize me?...This is great....Guess What?!? I get to be your first follower...whooo hoooo! Stop by anytime, cause I love meeting new blog friends, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! First follower...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Great transformation! I love this project because you really made a huge difference in the look, and it's totally functional, and you did it with what you had!

    Love it!
    I'm following you now.
    --Katie
    @Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy, I'll be featuring your project tonight on Tell it to me Tuesday @ Creative Living.

    Great job! Come on over and grab a button.

    --Katie
    @Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy, nice job at refinishing - it looks like a totally new piece. Isn't it great to have something nicely organized? Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy~ you did a fabulous job on your mini office makeover. You have to feel so good when you open it to work & it is so pretty, neat , and tidy! I am a new follower.
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out wonderful!!Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday! Hope to see you again at this weeks party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great!! I miss my office armoire :( Was so nice to close the doors when you need to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great is that?! I love how it turned out! And armoires are one of my favorite office spaces, especially when they are pretty like yours!

    Thank you so much for linking up and sharing!

    xxoo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Toledo, girl. Great transformation. You are so creative with your bins and labels. I love it. Thank you for linking up to the par-tay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! What an amazing transformation! I love that you determined to use items you already had and not purchase new for this project. Great use of the space and items. Have been wanting to create an office for myself out of an armoire, but we dont' have an armoire or the money to purchase one. So, patiently I will wait. :) Thank you for sharing this functionally cute make-over!

    ReplyDelete