Friday, January 13, 2012

DIY mercury glass

Brrrrr..it finally feels like Winter here in Ohio. I was freezing this morning when I was out in our garage working on my project for the day. Okay, I was only out there for maybe five minutes, but it was COLD!

I found this project on my favorite website pinterest! It looked so cool and sounded super easy to make!

source
Amy at all in a day posted a tutorial for these DIY mercury glass vases. There are other tutorials out there but this one sounded the easiest (plus I didn't have to go out and buy anything). So this morning I gathered up my supplies which were a spray bottle of water, Rustoleum metallic aluminum spray paint(this is different from what she used, but I already had it in the garage), a cardboard box to cover my garage floor, a glass vase and a glass jar.



 Amy's tutorial was really easy; mist inside of vase with water, and then lightly spray inside with paint. Place them upside down to dry. 
Please ignore shoes in the background! Remember that mudroom I want to build!


This is what they look like right now. I just painted them an hour ago and they are still wet. Not sure if I love them or not. I'll let them dry today and if they look good I'll be heading to the dollar store this weekend to pick up some dollar glass vases!

I'll let you know on Monday how they turn out!

Have a great weekend and try to stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment