Monday, January 23, 2012

Imagine the impossiblities

Have you heard of the imagine the impossibilities challenge? It is being hosted by six lovely bloggers;
  • Andrea from the cottage market
  • karah from the space between
  • Kari from Thistlewood Farm
  • Kelly from Eclectically Vintage
  • Linda from It all started with paint
  • Stacey from A sort of fairytale
Have you ever had a project or idea that seemed impossible? Maybe recovering a piece of furniture, learning to sew, painting kitchen cabinets...you get the idea.

The imagine the impossibilities challenge is to motivate you to face your fear. Conquer that project you keep putting off because it just seems too scary or overwhelming.

All the ladies are conquering a fear and sharing their progress on their blogs with a huge blog party on January 31 to reveal their final projects along with others who have vowed to take the challenge as well.

I decided to join the challenge also! My challenge might not seem scary to you, but to me it seems overwhelming.

Drum roll please...
My challenge is to paint horizontal stripes in my entry hallway.

I've always loved the look of striped walls, but all the measuring and taping seemed like too much work. This challenge has motivated me to just get off my behind and do it.


Then I thought to myself "why stop there". My entire foyer could use a little pizazz! So I am extending the challenge to include my entire entry. 


I absolutely dispise all the wood trim and dream of having beautiful white trim in it's place. I'm also thinking about painting the front door black!

I'm not sure if I can get all this done before the big linky party on January 31st, but that's not going to keep me from trying!

What about you? Do you have any projects that you keep putting off? Hope you'll join the challenge and let me know what your project will be.

Happy Monday!

                                                                                           Amy

3 comments:

  1. Amy, so happy you are joining in on our challenge! Those stripes will look fabulous. And I love white painted woodwork and a black door would be beautiful additions!

    xo
    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!! If you can't finish - at least you can start!! Stripes will look fab! Thanks for joining our challenge! White woodwork is definitely the way to go.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stripes, but my favorite are horizontal stripes. You go girl! Thanks so much for joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete