Wednesday, January 18, 2012

my children's bathroom reveal

Today I am sharing what I have accomplished in my children's bathroom so far.

For the life of me I cannot find a before pic of this room. When we toured our house I took lots of photos, but my digital photo organization needs some work.

I mentioned yesterday that I started decorating this room over the summer, but got sidetracked by other things. I decided I finally need to finish this room for good! So here is what the room looks like today!




I am loving all the changes and it suits my children as well. When they were little we did the traditional kiddy bathroom (you know the one's fish, monkey). Now they are older (I have two in middle school) and they need something a little more grown up. I also have one boy and two girls so it had to be a bit gender neutral.

I was at a loss as to what to do with the blank wall over the bathtub until yesterday. I came across Desiree's craft room at the 36th avenue and fell in love with her polka dot wall. I knew this would be perfect in the bathroom. It adds just a hint of whimsy and fun to the room!

Tomorrow I will be sharing how I made my polka dots without using a store bought stencil. Super easy and FREE!

Before I go I must share photos of my daughter's bathroom drawer.





I lined the vanity drawer's with woven place mats I found at Michael's in the dollar section! They were the perfect length I just had to trim about an inch off the width. It then became the perfect place to organize all the girls hair pieces.

Hope you will join me tomorrow!

                                                                                 Amy



7 comments:

  1. Oh! I love the polka dots! And those numbers on the branch! Thank you so much for the inspiration!
    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! The towel rack and shelf are so great!!! Did you a fantastic job!

    --Katie
    @ Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  3. live the polka dots! Thanks for sharing

    chickenscratchny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute results! Thank you for sharing your lovely project at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm featuring this today on Tell it to Me Tuesday! Come on by and grab a button!

    --Katie
    @ Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the polka dots and your drawer liners!! Great idea!!! Thanks for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We would love to have you back next Saturday to share more great ideas! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amy!
    I love this bathroom! I want to redo my boys bathroom and I love the colors.

    I also wanted to pass along an award to your blog! It is called the Liebster Blog Award and is given to up and coming bloggers. I saw your site and I love your creations! come check out my blog for all the details of the award so you can pass it on too!
    Thanks!
    Lesley
    not2shabbycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete