Monday, January 16, 2012

DIY mercury glass update

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend! I am getting a late start today since the kids are off school and we decided to sleep in this morning!

On Friday, I promised to update you on how the DIY mercury glass turned out. Once it dried for an entire day I wasn't thrilled with how it looked. So Saturday I took a trip to the local dollar store and purchased three glass candle holders.

This time I did things a little differently (please see previous post for supplies and instructions). I misted the inside of the glass very very lightly with the water. Then I was careful to just give it a light spray of paint. Then I ran back inside the house to wipe off any excess spray that got on the outside of the glass. I let that candle holder sit upright in the kitchen while I ran outside to do the next one. Once I had all three painted I repeated the process one more time, but even more lightly with the water and paint. I let them dry overnight sitting upright this time NOT upside down.

I am happy to say that the second time around they turned out beautiful. I am really happy with them! Now I just have to buy some candles for them and decide where to place them in my house.

 



If you decide to try this please let me know how they turned out. If you have any other craft or simple DIY ideas you think I should try please leave me a comment or send me an email.

                                                                                                Amy

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of mercury glass - stopping by from a bowl full of lemons! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete