Monday, February 27, 2012

Questions and answers

Over the weekend I received several questions about my family room and the family sign I made. I thought I would take a few minutes this morning to answer those questions for you.


Where did I buy my striped curtains?

For the life of me I couldn't find striped curtains anywhere so I made mine. I used white curtain panels and painted on the stripes with black paint. Go here to see the full tutorial.





Did I make the handprint art?

Yes, this was a super fast and easy project. You can find out more about it here.





How did I make my family sign?


I have a full tutorial for making my wood signs here.




What color paint did I use in my family room?

The color is barnwood a Valspar signature paint. It's a paint and primer in one and it's a matte finish.

Any tips for painting trim?
 
Take your time with the prep work. Lightly sand trim and then clean it off really well. Make sure to tape off everything you don't want painted. I used a paint and primer in one and just used light coats of paint. It does take a lot of work so just blast the radio and get busy! Be prepared for an aching hand because it takes about four coats of paint. To see how I painted my trim go here.
 
 
Hope this answers some of your questions. If I missed something just ask. You can also post questions to me through Facebook (I usually check several times a day).
 
Also don't forget the linky party this Wednesday!!! If you would like me to send you a reminder email just comment me your address.
 
Have a great Monday!
 
                                                                                          Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment