Monday, February 6, 2012

DIY photo frame

Have I mentioned before how much I love doing FREE projects? Yes, I probably have. Here is what I have been up to today.

  • One really cool frame from my mom's garage
  • some wire from my husbands stash
  • cup hooks we still had in our junk drawer from another project
  • metal clips and photos from my scrapbooking supplies





I just measured and marked where I wanted the wire and then drilled some tiny holes in the frame. I twisted the cup hooks into the holes and then wrapped the wire around them.

I love that the artwork and photos are easily changed!


I've also added the linky followers button to my sidebar. Since GFC is going away soon for some I don't want to lose contact with any of my new friends and followers. I hope you'll join up with me, I enjoy making new friends.

10 comments:

  1. Love this frame - looks so cute. I like the simple look and how you can change it up.

    Thanks for linking up to the Take it on Tuesday blog hop!! I'm pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, free is a good thing! Cute photo display!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, stopping by from Elisabeth & Co. link party. Your photo frame tourned out great! I made something similar to hang my earrings. Stop by my blog to see it!
    http://www.handmadebyizz.blogspot.com/2011/11/joyero-marco.html
    I'm following you now via linky followers.
    Greetings from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I love this! I'd love for you to share this at my VERY FIRST link party.
    Rachel
    http://adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com/2012/02/terrific-tuesdays-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quirks in the wire! I did this for my christmas cards!
    You should join me for Handmade 52!
    http://raisingoranges.blogspot.com/ -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your frame! Great idea - love the photos :-)
    I am stopping by from the 36th Avenue link party where I've linked up too.
    Hugs, antonella :-)
    my free printables are here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very cute!!! I'm going to have to pin it!

    Thanks for sharing

    --Katie
    @ Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for all the positive remarks! I love how this is looking in my living room. Looking forward to changing it up!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, your frame looks gorgeous - how clever! I've got this linked to my picture frames post too today, for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete