Tuesday, February 21, 2012

DIY wood family sign

 Last week I was thrilled to have made my first wood sign! I love how my "open daily" sign looks in our kitchen. But you had to have known that once I started I wouldn't be able to stop!

I mentioned yesterday that over the weekend my husband helped me cut some more MDF for projects. Well here is my next project... a family sign for our home! Yah! I love it!



It looks perfect hanging over our family room picture gallery.
 
These signs are so easy to make (I wish I had known this earlier). I made this sign the same way I made my sign last week. If you missed that post you can find it here along with step by step instructions.
 
                    Have a great day!        
                                                                                     
                                                                                          Amy 


18 comments:

  1. I love the sign. I would also love for you to stop by and link up at my linky party via: ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    PS: I am your newest Linky Follower

    Mrs. Delightful
    Ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite! I'm heading over to your party!
      Amy

      Delete
  2. Looks fantastic! Heading over to your tutorial!

    -sar @ applestonedrive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it . Trying to decide if hanging a family sign on the front door would be a safety concern...like TMI for creepers. But I would really love to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable!
    I’d love if you would come link this up at From Scratch Friday!

    ~Christina
    www.marriagefromscratch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it too! I know, I'm the same way, once I got started on worded signs, I still haven't stopped!

    Thanks for linking it up @ Creatively Living!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sign!! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks awesome! Will you be posting a tutorial? Your letters are perfect! And I like where you hung it up too. I have a party going on and I would love if you linked up!

    http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/02/latest-greatest-friday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have wanted to make a wooden sign forever and I don't know why I have put if off for so long. Thanks for sharing at Fabulous Friday. I will be featuring you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey you've been featured!
    http://raisingoranges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE THIS! I thought I wanted to do a vinyl lettering straight on the wall but I like this idea better now, off to check out your tutorial now

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow,I love this sign. I'm your newest follower. Come visit me at http://sister-number-5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love, love this!!! I want to make a gallery wall for my home now! Thank you so much for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know I have commented on this before,, but I just wanted to let you know I am featuring your awesome sign at today's link party!!

    http://twoyellowbirdsdecor.blogspot.com/2012/03/thursdays-temptation-link-party-8.html
    JIll

    ReplyDelete
  14. Any chance you could give me the dimensions of the frames you have up? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The frames are roughly 14"x17" with mats for a 5x7 photo. I purchased them at Target several years ago! Hope this helps you out!

      Delete