Thursday, September 27, 2012

Milestones

I am really happy, excited, thrilled because I have reached two milestones this week! They may not seem like much to some, but to me they are HUGE.

First, yesterday I finished painting the trim on our main floor. I began the long tiring journey of painting all our brown trim to white about six months ago. I went room to room with breaks in between. I finished the last room yesterday which was our main floor half bath. Can I just add that trying to squeeze behind the toilet in a tiny bath to paint trim isn't easy!

I shared my bathroom makeover HERE if you want to check it out.

Here it is with the original trim.


Now with the freshly painted white trim.


Milestone 1 complete

It feels soooo good to be done with all the trim on the main level. Now it's time to move on to the upstairs trim, ugh.



Milestone 2 makes me all warm and fuzzy.

This week I have reached the 200 followers mark!




I know it might seem small to some, but to me it means the world. When I began blogging I didn't even know if anyone would ever see or read this blog let alone follow it. I remember jumping up and down with excitement when I got my very first follower. I heart my followers and am grateful for every single one of them.


So there you have it, my milestones this week!

Have you reached any milestones lately? No matter how big or small I would love to hear about it so please feel free to leave me a comment. 


                                                                                                Amy

11 comments:

  1. Somehow I missed your bathroom post...LOVE IT!!! And, love the baseboard transformation...kudos! Finally...CONGRATS on the 200!!! That is beyond amazing...you deserve it!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 200 followers! I totally understand how you feel. Every time I get 1 new follower I'm so excited!

    The white trim looks amazing! We paid extra for white trim & doors when we built our house and I'm so glad we did. It makes the paint color really pop and looks so clean and fresh. Plus it's easy to touch up any scuffs or marks.

    You deserve a painting break for a while!! : )

    Lori
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! I know I love the white trim just makes the house seem brighter and cleaner!

      Delete
  3. Im so excited for you! I remember my first follower too! It was fun and exciting to know someone is following! Im working my way up to 200 as well {im far behind, but I will be there} Congrats again!

    ~Me
    14sixty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see what new milestone I can accomplish in the future! Good luck to you.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your milestones! Painting trim is no fun at all. You deserve a break (and a glass of wine)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to a very nice blog site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trim looks great! I know how tedious it can be to paint all that, but the end result is worth it. I love the stripes on your wall too! I found you through the Winthrop Chronicles and I know that feeling of getting your first follower. I'm still trying to grow as well and it's so exhilarating to know that others are interested in what you have to say! ;) Congrats on your milestones!!

    ReplyDelete