Friday, September 7, 2012

lunch note paper bag album

This week I've been working on a little project for my youngest daughter. For the past few years I've been slipping little notes into her school lunches. Before the new school year started she showed me the little pocket on the front of her lunch box, inside were all the notes I had sent her for the last two years. It was almost like a time capsule and neither of us could bear to throw them out.

We knew we wanted to preserve them and I came up with the idea of putting them all in a special scrapbook. So this week I've been making a paper bag album made with brown lunch sacks for all the special notes.





I left some of the pages blank so we can add the notes from this year as well.



Of course every note couldn't go on a page, but the great thing about using bags are the little openings on the ends of some pages. These are perfect for slipping in more notes.



Happy Friday!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.


                                                                                             Amy


Linking up this week to...

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a wonderful little book of memories! And I love that you leave her a note every day, that's awesome. :-) Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy... as a mummy who once used to slip notes into my girls lunchboxes I felt really emotional reading about this beautiful album you have made for your daughter. It will be so lovely when she is grown to look back on these days with such fond memories.
    Thanks for sharing this at Shabbilicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini album is super cute and will be a great keepsake years from now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! This is really a nice way to preserve notes of love! - misselayneousthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I can't wait ( well I kinda can) for my oldest to start school and take a lunch so i can do these. And then to keep them, priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!! And how sweet that your daughter had saved all of them. <3

    ReplyDelete