Thursday, September 13, 2012

trash to treasure art

A few months ago I picked up this round picture frame at a thrift store. It was UGLY but I loved the shape and knew it would look wonderful after a quick makeover.

Here she is before...

For this quick little makeover I just removed the backing and took everything apart.

The frame got a few coats of white spray paint
The cardboard insert was covered in fabric
For letters I used some chipboard babies from my scrapbook supplies {you can find these at any craft store in tons of colors}.
To make sure the letters stayed put I used a little hot glue to attach them.

Under an hour project! Love that!




I had to go outdoors to get a clear picture.

I'm planning on using this in a gallery wall in our master bedroom. Haven't even painted our room yet, but I'm already working on the gallery wall {yeah I'm like that sometimes}.

Happy Thursday!


                                                                                           Amy




Linking up this week to...
houseofhepworthstheshabbycreekcottagetwoyellowbirdsdecorlivelaughrowe
michellestastycreations2805frenchcountrycottagelizmarieindesignerjeanscraftyscrappyhappy
shabbyartboutiquemysimplehomeliferaisingorangeslovelycraftyhomefingerprintsonthefridge
serenitynowherecomesthesuntatertotsandjelloshabbynestdiyshowoffthededicatedhouse
adiamondinthestuffcherishedblissmyuncommonsliceofsuburbiaadventuresofadiymom
elizabethandcothewinthropchroniclesnotjustahousewifeabowlfulloflemons
allstarblockpartyprimpcleanandscentsiblenymelrosefamilymygirlishwhimshandymancraftywoman
polkadotsonparadesomedaycrafts

25 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a difference! I love the fabric too. It really makes the letters pop. Great job!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out super cute!! I found you via HOH and I'm now following GFC!!

    -Fotini {http://glamorousbride.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. So happy you popped on over and became a new follower!

      Delete
  3. So simple, yet such a huge difference. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute - great transformation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog, great inspiration! The "I Love U" piece is beautiful, and the tutorial is great! I am a now a follower of your blog and invite you to join me as well. You can find me at http://flourishwithavintageflair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness you did such a good job! AND I happen to love that fabric, if it is from Target then I have the same fabric decorating my house too!!! So so cute!!! Thank you so much for linking up too, that means a lot!!!
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is the same fabric from Target! I love it as well!

      Delete
  7. Hi! Nice to meet another Amy! This looks soooo great! I can't believe the difference in the before and after...I love what you did with it; great fabric, great sentiment...just all around great! I would be thrilled if you'd share this here:
    http://www.oneartsymama.com/2012/09/shine-on-fridays-45-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is a great re-do! I love how bright it is:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooo Amy what a great makeover...it's going to be a great addition to your wall...xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! I don't ever work with fabrics. I might have to add that to my crafting mediums! This is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats adorable! Thank you for linking up at Stop, Look & Link! See you next week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea to use the chip board letters and spray glue them! Your tray is so sweet!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amy,
    Love it! You did an awesome job on this. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share next week. Have a great weekend.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks SO good!

    I'm hosting my first linky party - would love for you to join in:

    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/09/weekend-warmth.html

    Thanks,
    Bobi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great little DIY! Love it! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  16. where is that fabric from? I'm obsessed with yellow and all things quatrefoil! Love it. Came over form Realhousewivesofriverton link up and I can't wait to see more of your projects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabric is actually a tablecloth from Target. I looked and looked for a cute yellow fabric to use in my dining room, but couldn't find anything I liked. When I saw this tablecloth at Target I knew I had to use it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  17. I am in love with your cute makeover! The colors are so cute and I love the saying you put on it. So fun!
    Thank you so much for sharing at Thursday's Temptation. I am featuring this at the link party this week!
    http://twoyellowbirdsdecor.blogspot.com/2012/09/thursdays-temptation-34-fabulous.html
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet Amy. Thanks for sharing on Shabbilicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute! Can't wait to see your gallery wall!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So very cute! Nice job - it looks MUCH better. Thanks for linking up at Take it on Tuesday linky party!

    ReplyDelete