Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pinterest challenge

You know how you sit at your computer and pin stuff to Pinterest thinking to yourself "someday I'm going to try that".

I do that WAY too often and never get around to it.

Yesterday I challenged myself to just do it!

There was one pin in particular that I was in desperate need to try.

How to clean your glass cook top. 

This tip is from Jayna at BEHIND THE STUDIO. She has step by step instructions with pictures. You sprinkle baking soda on stove burners and then lay a dishcloth with hot soapy water on top and leave for 15 minutes. Then you come back and scrub scrub scrub until your hand feels like it is going to fall off. Just kidding, my stove is probably worse off then most.

I can't believe I'm showing you my nasty dirty stove top but here it is.




I know it's gross! I blame my husband.

Here is the after.





Not perfect, but what an improvement.

I will probably try it again today, but yesterday my arms and hands hurt from so much scrubbing.

One item checked off my list!

For dinner I decided to try a recipe I pinned for enchiladas with white sauce.

This recipe is from JOYFUL MOMMA'S KITCHEN and was so easy to make. It also received a thumbs up from all family members which is quite the accomplishment {we are known to have an extremely picky eater among us}. Hop on over to her blog for the recipe.





Hopefully you feel inspired to tackle something you've pinned.

I am hoping to keep doing these Pinterest challenges and keeping you up to date on how they turn out! Thanks for stopping by today.

                                                                                          Amy

2 comments:

  1. I am seriously loving these challenge posts! You are one brave girl! If you run out of ideas...let me know...I'll send you some of mine from pinterest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks! I need to do more of them, only problem is picking which one's!

      Delete