Thursday, April 19, 2012

The power of paint

Even after all of the painting I have done over my lifetime {I wonder how many gallons of paint I've used over the years?} I am still amazed at the transformation a few cans of paint can make in a room.

Since I'm back to my healthy self again I decided to dive right in to a project I have wanted to do since we moved into our house, the basement! I've actually been planning this room makeover in my head for months now, but the thought of painting that entire lower level kept me from moving forward with it. Don't get me wrong I actually don't mind painting, sometimes I even like it, but the basement is such a large space.


So I spent ALL day yesterday painting away and finished up this morning. My arm feels like it is going to fall off, but I am so happy with the new color. Now I can start the fun part, the decorating!

Here are some before shots. Sorry the basement is a mess, but it usually is.


I took these after shots this afternoon as soon as I finished the painting.

From bright and yellow to calm and gray. I can't wait to get the room cleaned up, reorganized, and decorated. Of course, I will be sharing with you all as I go along!
 
                                                                                   
                                                                                      Amy



6 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful, gray is certainly popular! I've thinking about it for my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a task! It looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new color. So calm and beautiful! Love this! I would love for you to link this up to my Feature Friday Linky Party @ Blissful and Domestic

    Danielle
    www.blissfulanddomestic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gray is very calming and it is a popular color right now. Good choice and good job. I just used some gray in creating my new blog header this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to paint a room - instant gratification! Yours looks great. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please share the two gray colors used for this room. I can't find them anywhere in the blog. =) Thanks! jessicaheward76@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete