Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bookcase reveal

You do not even know how HAPPY these bookcases make me!
Goodbye clutter hello pretty and organized!

If you remember last week I started here.



I cleared out the clutter and used fabric to pretty it up!




Tuesday I took a very fun field trip {with the hubby-extra bonus} to one of my favorite places Ikea! I purchased several packages of storage boxes to house our large DVD collection. I also purchased some larger boxes to hide puzzles and smaller games. So now it looks like this...




So excited with how the basement makeover is coming along!
paint basement
redo/organize bookcases
fix up bar area
reorganize scrapbook nook
make artwork for entry wall

Can't wait to share each project with you as I tackle our messy basement!

Forgot to mention that I also made the THEATRE sign above the bookcases {yes, I do have to make one for each room}. Tomorrow I will share how I made it. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

                                                                                         Amy

Linking up to

19 comments:

  1. This turned out great! I love the fabric that you chose! Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! And I love that Theatre sign. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Amy! Great job! :) I can't wait to do something similar in my moms sewing room. I LOVE LOVE these bookshelves for this reason! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy! It looks awesome! And I agree, an Ikea trip is always more fun with the hubby. You need someone to help you carry everything, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it!!! Everything looks SOOO organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw you over at Two Yellow Birds Decor. Love these bookcases. Your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your grey walls and the book case just tops it all off! Can't wait to see how you make those signs, checking back tomorrow (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful job Amy, love the chess pieces too! Can't wait to see the next step :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone! I love being organized and hiding all of that clutter! Can't wait to show you the rest of the room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks awesome!! It's organized and looks pretty. You did a great job. I can't wait to hear how you made the sign. I'm working on a movie theme in my basement family room and that would be perfect in there.

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the wall color and the fabric you chose for the bookcases! It looks so nice!! I've been wanting to do that to a shelf in my house. I think I need to get on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks amazing. Nice choice of fabric for the background and I love the CD storage cases. I have the same issure going on here. I hat open shelving but you made it look good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is gorgeous! You did an amazing job! Love the back of the bookcases. Thanks so much for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am featuring your awesome bookcase makeover at today's link party!! Wahoo!!

    http://twoyellowbirdsdecor.blogspot.com/2012/05/thursdays-temptation-16-fabulous.html
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks great! Thanks for sharing at The Winthrop Chronicles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. that book shelf is so cute. such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh! This makes me so happy. I love lined shelves. You did an amazing job. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing.

    ReplyDelete