Monday, July 30, 2012

Chevron chair makeover

Hi everyone! I had a very nice and productive weekend these  last two days. I had some down time to relax and read. Some free time to spend online catching up on some favorite blogs and Pinterest. I was also able to get a few projects done!

I've been slowly working on my dining room. Last week I painted the walls and trim. 

Saturday I worked on two chairs that I'm going to use in my dining room for extra seating.

This is how my chairs turned out!




This is what they looked like before. 
They weren't bad...I actually repainted and recovered them a few years ago. In our previous home they lived in our living room. 
,


It's hard to tell in the pictures, but the before chair was actually a creamy off white color. 

I removed the seat and then painted the chair white.  I used my electric staple gun to attach the new and much bolder chevron fabric.

I am in love with chevron and this was the perfect way to have some in the room without it being too "in your face"!

So happy with the direction my room is going!

More dining room reveals to come soon!

Have a super Monday!

                                                                                        Amy


Linking up to...
href="http://www.shabbynest.blogspot.com/">shabbynest

23 comments:

  1. Amy your chair looks great! Actually both the before and the after look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a chair so similar to this one that i recently redid and almost picked the same fabric as you! I ended up with a white and green pattern, but still looks very similar! So funny that they are alike! I am so glad I found you blog and am your newest follower! If you ever have time come check out mine!

    -Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the print on the fabric that you choose! The black really off sets the white and is very visually appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! :-) I love the chevron!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both the before and after, but sometimes it is great to have a change. Putting the chevron on a chair is a great way to use it as it can be a rather bossy design otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE chevron! What a nice, bold change!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great transformation! The chevron fabric adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your chair looks great! Love how changing the paint and fabric can refresh a chair. Thanks so much for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty chair redo, Amy--I like it very much! Hope that you have a great weekend--it's supposed to be hot in our area!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your chair looks great! I am in love with chevrons too! Thanks for sharing at Fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it. I'm a big fan of Chevron!! I'm so glad you linked up at Romance on a dime's TIOT party!! Pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! I like the look of chevrons but sometimes they are just way too much. But this is perfect; it's cute without being over the top! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, LOVE the chevron fabric. That chair is quite something, it's beautiful!

    Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love chevron and your chair looks amazing! I want to do chevron fabric for all my dining room chairs now!Thank you for sharing this at Simply Creation's Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute chair! Found you via Tatertots and Jello.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh cute! Your chair looks really fresh now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! I love chevron so this is right up my alley!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  18. GOOD MORNING! You have been featured today ... Come on over and grab a button!! Thanks for linking up with us last week!


    http://natural-nester.blogspot.com/2012/08/naturally-nifty-party-26-with-co-host.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. SO fun! It's amazing what a simple change can do in a room!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I get what you mean with chevron... it can sometimes be too much, but I'm loving your chair makeover Amy. Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! You've been Featured on Handyman, Crafty Woman's Wicked Awesome Wednesday! Feel free to drop by the website and pick up your button!

    ReplyDelete