Monday, January 7, 2013

My old scrapbook nook

Before the holidays I mentioned that we were making some big changes around our home and possibly playing musical rooms again! Well we did. Take a look at what has replaced my scrapbook nook in our basement.


My husband finally got his wish and purchased a pool table! Of course the only place it would fit was the area I had been using as my scrapbook nook.

{my old scrapbook nook}


Don't feel too sorry for me just yet because I also got my wish...a scrapbook/craft area on the main level with big windows and tons of sunlight!

My husband and I came to an agreement we are both happy with. He gets his pool table and I get to take over the formal living room as my new space.

I have been wanting this room {yes I am sitting in our living room right now} since we moved here, but my stubborn husband was stuck on having a formal space. I didn't see the need for a formal room that barely gets used. Now we've reached a compromise that works for us both. So happy!

I can't show you the completed room yet it's still a work in progress, but I will definitely share some photos later this week.

During the moving process our dining room became the storage room for all my albums and supplies. So relieved to have three strong kids to help carry everything upstairs.




Thankfully the dining room didn't stay that way for very long. Everything is organized and put away for the most part.

Have a great Monday and stay warm!

                                                                                              Amy

5 comments:

  1. That's wonderful congrats! We've been talking about my space in the basement since we've moved in. I scrap in the dining room again because of my littles. So jealous and can't wait to see pics! Maybe I'll turn out dining into a scraproom as well lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amanda! Yes, you must make every space in your home work for you!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see your new space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I can't wait to see your new scrapbook room!

    Lori
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete