Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mudroom colors

Our mudroom project has been keeping me busy this week. My husband has been mudding and sanding the drywall each evening after work and as a result our kitchen and family room have been covered in drywall dust.



While he was busy with that I was trying to decide what color to paint the room. I went to the home improvement store on Sunday and grabbed quite a few swatches that caught my eye.

The problem was once I got home and placed them all out to look at I felt a little lot overwhelmed by all the choices.


I decided to do a little inspiration shopping to help get a plan for the room. I fell in love with a rug from Target and also found some other cute items to match. When I got home I pulled out all those paint swatches and quickly decided on my colors. It was so easy once I had my inspiration pieces to help guide me.

My husband finished sanding last night and then we got busy priming the room. This morning I painted the mudroom and love the color! Plus I had to spend a couple hours cleaning up our construction mess.

We still have quite a few things to complete but we are working hard to move this project along as quickly as possible. 

Next week I will be back with more pictures and updates.

                                                                                         Amy









14 comments:

  1. Love the colors you chose! The accessories are so fun and cute. Can't wait to see it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colors and accessories! I'm working on my laundry room and these are my colors also. Could you please tell me the size and price of your rug?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you picked! The rug is great and I love the little birdies. Are they from Target? I've been sick and haven't been to Target for 3 weeks and I'm having withdraw!

    Lori
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rug is from Target and the birds are from Kirklands. I would have withdraw too, I have to go to Target atleast once a week.

      Delete
  4. I love the colors and combination you chose, Amy! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a rug or a placemat that the birds are sitting on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just wondering becauseI went to my local Target and found the exact same thing in a placemat but they didn't have it in a rug :( . What section was it in? Do you still have the tags on it so maybe I can check other stores? I couldn't find it on target.com either. I absolutely love the colors in it and it would be perfect in my laundry room!

      Thanks

      Delete
    2. It was on the end of the aisle with the kitchen accessories {oven mitts, dish towels etc.}. The tag says THRESHOLD kitchen rug. Barcode number 90670 60041. Next time I'm at my Target store I'll look and see if they have more in stock. Hope this helps you out!

      Delete
    3. I'm sorry to be a pain. I called my Target and they told me they told me they need the nine digit DPCI number on the sticker. Could you please give that to me? Thank you.

      Delete
    4. Not a problem, glad I could help you out. Here is the DPCI 067-06-0041.

      Delete
    5. Thank you! I'm determined to find this rug, lol! I also forgot to tell you how much I love your blog. You've given me lots if inspiration for my home!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for taking the time to give me this info. I'm going to call my Target and see if they can locate one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, what a great mudroom! I need one too. Could you please share the costs of the mudroom before the extras/accessories. I am in the midst of hiring a contractor to do almost this exact job, and would love a ballpark estimate.
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete