Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A closer look...organized craft room

Last week I shared with you my newly transformed craft room and promised that this week I would give you a closer look at how I keep it so organized.




To make crafting easier and quicker I keep everything in labeled storage containers and clear jars. This way I know where everything is without wasting time looking for it.

Here is a close up of some of my storage boxes.



I keep all my store bought and handmade cards together in one place. When an occasion arises I can just grab a card from my box.


This is my alphabet chipboard box.


I keep all my letters in sandwich baggies sorted by letter and then placed in the box alphabetically. 


I keep most of my ribbon tucked nicely inside this box.


I also LOVE using jars for storage that way I can see what I have and don't forget that I have it. Plus it adds some color to the room!



These larger jars are perfect for storing buttons, foam stamps and leftover pieces of ribbon.



I've had this Making Memories wall system for years now and  am so glad I decided to purchase it. It is the perfect place to display and store little items like paint, buttons, flowers etc.
They also make the jars which fit perfectly...love that.


Years ago when I was really into scrapbooking I kept all my 12 x 12 paper in flat stacking trays. Now that I don't scrapbook as much or have nearly as much paper I chose to get rid of the trays and keep my paper in an accordian file case.



I keep all my patterned paper in the front half organized by manufacturer and collection. The back section holds all my colored cardstock.


Another way that I keep organized is by using a scrapbooking  binder. I've had this binder for about eight years and just keep adding to it. Whenever I see something in a magazine that I want to keep... into the binder it goes.


I made sections and labels so I could find what I was looking for easily.









Staying organized keeps me sane and makes me more productive! 

Later this week I will be giving you a peek inside some of my completed scrapbooks and albums so I hope you will come back again!

                                                                                   Amy



Linking up this week to...

9 comments:

  1. As I begin my journey taking an art class I may need a room like this to show off my work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could get that organized :) My craft room currently looks like a bomb went off in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me mine does too sometimes! Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  3. This organized room is a little slice of heaven! I love it! Found you through Someday Crafts link up! Newest follwer! :)

    April Hoff
    housebyhoff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following along you are too sweet!

      Delete
  4. You are an organizing queen!! I love the glass jars filled with scrapbook supplies. Pretty and functional.

    Lori
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. You put me to shame with your organizing skills! The wall system with all the pretty filled jars gets me every time.

    Helen
    www.abritofhappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your craft room organization! It is a dream!! Great idea for the ideas notebook!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. its really amazing..... craft storage is perfect...love it

    ReplyDelete