Tuesday, May 29, 2012

tiered polka dot planters

 Hi everyone! I'm finally back after a long weekend break and some relaxation with the family. We had such wonderful and extremely hot weather this past weekend. My family and I spent most of our time in the pool and as a result I have some very hot pink colored shoulders!

I did squeeze in one little project though!

I've been eyeing some painted polka flower pots that Amy over at positively splendid put together, and decided to make some for myself!





I started off by shopping for three planters in various sizes. I also purchased some potting soil and different types of flowers.




I painted the pots in three bright colors and hand painted the white polka dots.

I put small rocks from our garden in the bottoms of the  planters before adding the soil. My daughter snapped this lovely photo of me as I was adding the flowers. 



My completed tiered planter.




My front porch is finally starting to come together! I'm hoping to add a few more touches and then show you the entire porch later this week.

Hope you have a great day! It is storming here with rain and strong winds so I guess that rules out the pool for today!

                                                                                            Amy








Linking up this week at

18 comments:

  1. Amy your project is FIRST RATE..wish you wd share it at Heather's linky party over at http://stringtownhome.blogspot.com her audience would appreciate your talent!!
    Jonell
    "LIKE GRAMMA'S HOUSE blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I love the tiered look and especially love the fun the polka dots add!! I'm sharing it on facebook. Thank you so much for sharing this at our party.
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creative idea and they are absolutely beautiful. Wish you a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea and I love the polka dots on the pots!

    ... so happy you shared it with us at our Great Outdoors link party!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMY...so glad you chose to share at stringtown home..linky party

    Jonell
    at Like Gramma's House blog
    http://mygrammashouse.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! I love the polka dot on the brightly colored pots!! So fun.

    Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime. I'm pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE those polka dots! What a cute idea to stack a few pots together instead of side by side :-) I have a brand new link party going on and I'd be thrilled if you'd link this up!

    http://practicallyfunctional.net/2012/05/the-fun-in-functional-link-party-1/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love these pots! Polka dots are just plain fun and you did a great job! Saw you over at Two Yellow Birds and am happily following you via GFC. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! I am always looking for new ways to bring some whimsey into our yard. I would love it if you would share this on my linky party
    http://www.claimingourspace.com/2012/05/tout-it-tuesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super super cute! stopping by from the blog hop.
    durrettashlea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable, I love Polka Dots! I'm now a follower

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! I love the polka dots!
    Stopping by from the Crafty, Scrappy, Happy party :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! I'm looking to start keeping plants around the house, I'm definitely going to try this! =]

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the color of the pots! So Fun!!! And all together they look so gorgeous with the flowers and plants! Love it!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so much fun! Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your polka dot planters are cute! I have this linked to my planters post as well today, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute, I love the polka dots!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete