Monday, May 14, 2012

Bead board picture frame

Another Monday has arrived again. I hope all you mothers had a wonderful Mother's Day!

I spent the day with my family. I sat in the rain at my daughter's soccer game {no place in the world I'd rather be}. Spent time with my mother. Went out to eat with my family, my in-laws, and my parents. I am very blessed to have a loving supportive mom and the sweetest mother in-law ever. I also have three super amazing children who make me smile every single day.

For Mother's Day I usually try to make a homemade gift of some type. This year I decided on bead board picture frames. I got my inspiration from Rachel over at Adventures of a diy mom. She gives you a step by step tutorial plus she has lot's of great ideas and projects to check out!





We had some leftover bead board in our garage so I just cut it  down to the size I wanted. For the stand I used a dowel rod cut to size. 





For the stand I had my husband drill a hole the same diameter as the dowel rod into the frame. I used my always handy hot glue gun to hold the rod in place.

I dry brushed on three different colors of paint, waiting for it to dry between coats. 

I wrapped a ribbon around the bottom to hide the hole.

Then hot glued on some mini clothes pins to hold the photos. Plus this way you can easily change out the photos whenever you like.

The back isn't very attractive. I guess if I hadn't waited to the last minute I could have painted the back as well. But you can see how I attached the dowel rod.






Another low cost and easy project to put together. Next year please remind me not to wait until Saturday to start my Mother's Day project though! Nothing like waiting till the last minute!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a memorable Monday!


                                                                                            Amy





linking up this week at

6 comments:

  1. What a great way to use leftover bead board scraps. I really need to get some of this, even if I'm not hanging it on a wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project! It goes with so many different decors. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and easy! Can't beat it!

    Thanks for sharing it!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute idea! I have leftover beadboard in my garage too! I just might need to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete