Tuesday, May 22, 2012

spray painted rug

This week I am attempting to spruce up our front porch. It is in desperate need of some lovin' and crying out for a pop of color.

However this is a busy busy week leaving me little free time to work on my porch. Plus it's the last week of school and we need to make teachers gifts by Friday. No pressure right!

I did find some time today to squeeze in one little easy project. I picked up a plain rug and a can of spray paint at Home Depot yesterday. 


I feel in love with this pretty blue color, it just screamed SUMMER to me!

I used some painters tape to make lines and then sprayed away.


Now I can check one project off my porch to do list. Still lots of little projects I want to do out there. Hoping I can get it finished up by next week.

Thanks for stopping by!


                                                                                             Amy




Linking up this week at

15 comments:

  1. I love it with your wreath. It's crazy how fast the school year went. I'm sure whatever you come up with as teacher gifts they will love. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wedbesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same spray paint...and now I am feeling inspired. Great use for what you already have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun rug. I need to do this! Thanks for the idea:>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rug looks great! Thanks for sharing this idea - I have a large outdoor area rug that is faded and needs to be updated. I might have to try this.

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Spray paint can do soo much! Thanks for sharing at {Homemade By You}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to do something like this for a while; like a last name or last name initial. Thanks for sharing and showing that it really is simple. That is an awesome spray paint color. A couple weeks ago I actually stood in Home Depot holding up spray paint cans to my shoes in order to find that right color.

    ~Kendra
    bkdarr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your project, it turned out so cute! I agree on the blue, it's perfect. Would love it if you visited and followed me back too!

    Hugs, Tanya :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute, easy project!! The mat looks great with your wreath! Thanks so much for sharing at The Creative Spark. Enjoy the weekend!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project! Turned out wonderfully!

    Thanks for sharing it!
    --Katie
    @ Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a cute idea! I LOVE it!! I love the color your chose. Thanks so much for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a easy makeover that packs a lot of punch! I love the colour and stripes. I've been trying to find an inexpensive door mat to makeover so that I can add some purple to my porch :)

    Visiting from The Great Outdoors Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun idea! It adds such a pop of color to the front door! Thanks for sharing your project at our party! Now.....I just need to find a basic rug to spray paint!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete