Thursday, December 12, 2013

Ugly dolls

Over Thanksgiving break my daughter's discovered a new craft...doll making (I call them ugly dolls my girls find that offensive). They did this all on their own too which made their craft lovin mama very proud!


My girls are thirteen and ten years old and made these all by themselves using old shirts, buttons, my fabric glue, and cotton balls as filling! I had no idea they made these until they came downstairs and showed me.


So I did what any other mom would do...I took them to the craft store to pick out some fabric (they went with grey fleece) and some better filling.



To make their dolls they started with a template drawn on paper or cardboard. Then they traced it onto the fabric, cut out the fabric and used Liquid Stitch fabric glue to attach the fabric together (glue inside out). Leave a small opening at the bottom to insert stuffing and then glue shut. They used various craft supplies to decorate their dolls; buttons, ribbon etc.


I just had to share these with you because I thought they were super cute! I might even have to make one myself!

Amy

linking up to...

1 comment:

  1. I love ugly dolls! My daughter made one in girl scouts several years ago and they are so fun!

    Hope you're enjoying all the snow we've been getting lately. It definitely looks like Christmas around here!

    Lori
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete