Monday, December 16, 2013

A look at my craft room/office

My craft room and office area is in what used to be our formal living room. It is the first room you see when you walk in our front door and is connected to our formal dining room. Last January I made the switch from formal room to functional room and moved all my scrapbooking and crafting supplies here. You can read all about that here.

I was in love with the crafting side of the room, but the sitting/reading side of the room was still blah. That mainly had to do with our fourteen year old sofa. Last month I finally got around to selling it on craigslist and purchased the Ikea ektorp sofa {you can read about that here}.

The room is now what I would consider finished {for the most part} and I am thrilled to share it with you today.

This is the view from our front door.





I love my bright yellow side table a craigslist diy project and the framed photo of our first home.


This little table was a garage sale find.


This is the view from our dining room. I brought in my painted stripe curtains from the family room.



Another view from our dining room. You can see my craft space tucked into the corner and our entryway. 



My favorite part of our entire house!

This room was a long time in the making, but I'm glad to have a space that my family and I will actually use. I spend a lot of time at my desk on my computer or crafting. The sofa is the perfect spot to sit and read, and my girls like to sit at the coffee table and do homework and craft as well. 

Thanks for coming by!

Amy

linking up this week to...

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful room! I love how you turned a formal room into a functional space for your family. I love the pops of aqua and yellow too! You did a great job!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! The whole family is enjoying the new space together!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful room, I love how organized your craft space is. My dining room, the first room you see when you enter our home, is my craft room. I need to figure out a way to show off the pretty part to those who enter the front door and hide the crafty stuff. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of turning a nonfunctional formal room into something practical. So happy you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. So pretty! Love your decor style!
    Following on pinterest and bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Always excited to meet new followers!

      Delete
  4. This room is awesome! We'd love it if you came and linked up at the Do Tell Tuesday party--it's live now! mabeyshemadeit.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great space! I love the wallpaper and the layout that you chose. I am hoping to convert our small 10x10 playroom into something similar but don't think I could do a white couch with 3 kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful use of the space -- love the white sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how this room came together! Such a versatile room, thanks for sharing at Take It On Tuesday! Will be featuring this next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been featured at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. The post is scheduled for 6:00 PM tonight. Thank you for sharing your beautiful craft room/office!

    Happy New Year!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Formal living rooms are sometimes such a waste. I love the way you have combined yours so it is useful all the time, and is so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete