Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Ikea ektorp experience...office update

After two long years of dreaming of a new white sofa for our living room {aka my craft room/office} I finally purchased one. Every time I went to Ikea I would test out the ektorp sofa and tell whoever was with me "this is the sofa I want for my/our living room".

Over the past few months I've read every review written on the ektorp. I already knew it was comfy from all my test runs in the store, I just wanted to make sure about quality and of course how easy or difficult it was to wash those slipcovers. 

 We sold our old couch on craigslist and the next day my husband and I headed to Ikea {luckily we live about 45 minutes away from one}. The box was large, but it fit perfectly in the back of our minivan with the seats folded down.



Once we got home we unpacked everything. This is how the couch comes. If you have children they will love playing in the gigantic box even if they are teenagers!


Here are all the cushions and slipcovers.


My husband actually had my fourteen year old son put the sofa together {he may have helped him a bit} and it took about fifteen minutes. Then my husband and I tackled the slipcovers which took another fifteen minutes.


It's only been a week, but I'm pleased with the sofa so far. 


Now I need to work on finishing off the rest of the room. Hoping to show you the entire room next week!

Amy

linking up this week to...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy!
    Thanks for sharing this week at the party. I had to drop a line because I just purchased the same couch and I am also in the middle of a room redo! I can't wait to see what you do...have a blessed week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Stopping by fro Give Me the Goods Monday!
    Your white sofa looks lovely in your space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love it in white! We actually just bought the EKTORP in Svanby Gray and are loving ours too! Your room looks beautiful! I popped over from Home Stories A to Z-- thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete