Thursday, September 19, 2013

Check your pockets laundry room sign

Today I want to share a fun project that I recently whipped up for my laundry room. The same laundry room that currently looks like a tornado hit because I've been working on giving it a much needed makeover {stuff everywhere right now}! I'm hoping to put the finishing touches on it over the weekend and reveal it on Monday {no pressure}.
 
Until then I'm going to share the sign I made for the new space.
 

 
Supplies needed;
Wood plaque, glass jar, twine or string {you could use wire}, stickers, and paint.
 
Step 1 give the wood a coat of paint in the color you want your words to be {I used white}.
 
Step 2 decide the placement of your jar and drill two holes {this is where your twine will go through}.
 
Step 3 place stickers on board {I cut letters out of vinyl on my Cricut}.
 
Step 4 make sure letters are attached securely and then paint entire board {I used spray paint}.
 
Step 5 after paint has dried peel off stickers.
 
Step 6 attach hanger to back.
 
Step 7 wrap twine around the jar and then put through the holes. Pull it tight and then tie in knot.
 
Now I have a place to stick all that loose change and odds and ends I find in the washer and dryer! Best part I spent less than $4.00 for everything!
 
 
 
I hope you will come back on Monday to check out my brighter and happier laundry space!
 
                                                                                          Amy
 
 
 
Linking up to...
 
 
 
 
 

19 comments:

  1. That is so cute! What a great idea and I love the $4 price. Can't wait to see what you've done in your laundry room.

    Have a great weekend!

    Lori
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! My laundry room was definitely done on a tight budget so I needed inexpensive projects.I can't wait to finish it either.

      Hope you have a fantastic weekend as well!

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute idea! It would help me since I always leave stuff in my pockets! :) Found you on Inspire Me Please link up! If you like to like up come over to www.craftdictator.com for Craft Frenzy Friday!! I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so clever! Pinned. I would love it if you would share this with my mom friends over at Family Fun Friday! http://happyandblessedhome.com/category/family-fun/
    Thanks,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is such a cute reminder! We end up with paper and money rolling around in our washer all the time. And pens, and cards, and licenses. Should I blame all that on my teenagers?
    We would love to have you link up at our weekly Super Saturday Link Party at MadeFromPinterest.net. We feature our most viewed and favorites the following Sunday. We would so love to have you on board!
    Sherri (the Baby of the Family)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite I will definitely be over!

      Delete
  5. Genius!! I definitely need this. I accidentally washed a key last week. I hate it when I find stuff in the washer (especially since it is a new one). I'm going to make this. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! I know my kids and husband constantly leave stuff in their pockets. I hate having to fish things out of the bottom of the washer all the time. Hopefully they will catch on!

      Delete
  6. What a cute idea! I could use one of these to help me remember to check my hubby's pockets before I wash he is always leaving things in his pocket. Thanks for sharing!

    Linda @ Mixed Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is freaking adorable! Way better than fishing it out of the wash and dryer later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now only if I could get everyone to check their own pockets that would be GREAT!
      So glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  8. I. So. Need. This. I am just a wee bit tired of fishing shredded kleenex out of the lint filter and listening to quarters bounce around in the washing machine! Thanks so much. Pinning! BTW, I found you via Shabby Nest's link party this week. ~Ali from Pies & Puggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great crafty project, and I hope that the person who does the washing gets to keep the coins too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute, way better than the cup on top of my washer right now. I will be pinning this for when I finally get around to fixing up my laundry room

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy, I love this!! I can't tell you how many times we have washed coins, pens, rubber bands, toys, ugh!! This is such a great idea :) Thank you so much for linking up your Thrifty Project with Get Your DIY on this past week. I hope you'll join us at 4:00 today to link up any spray painting projects you have had. Have a great Sunday!!

    Mandy @ The Hankful House Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe it -- I was just starting a load of laundry when I glanced over at the loose change on top of the dryer and thought "I've got to do something about that." Not a minute later did I see the link to this blog post from "A Bowl Full of Lemons"! What a practical and FUN idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this sign! What a great idea for the laundry room! Thanks for sharing at Thrsday's Temptation. I am featuring this at tonight's link party!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete