Thursday, October 18, 2012

The beginning of one MASTER makeover

We've been in our new home for almost a year and a half now, and still our master bedroom sits untouched. I guess I was putting off this room for several reasons. First, I wanted to have a large budget for this room so I could get new everything. Secondly, our master bedroom is HUGE with vaulted ceilings and lovely brown trim to paint. Lastly, nobody really see's our bedroom anyway.

Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Time to get real!

 With three kids and tons of activities I won't have the budget for new furniture until they are out of college! Yes, I will have to spend lots and lots of time painting. Yes, everyone does see our master bedroom especially when you have a new home and visitors want a tour. 

So last weekend I decided to start the makeover. I began with my favorite thing in the whole world...painting baseboards and trim! I worked on the trim off and on for three days, but it is finally complete!

Before


After



It makes me so happy to see all that fresh white trim! Next on my list is painting the walls. I am so tired of waking up to gold walls every morning!

I promise to keep you updated!

You can also see sneak peeks on instagram...Amyhomehappyhome



                                                                                         Amy

1 comment:

  1. It's looking good Amy! The white trim already makes a huge difference. I can't wait to see what color you choose for the walls. Have a great weekend!

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete