Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Basement bath mini makeover

If you read my post on Monday then you've probably guessed that the next room on my makeover to do list is a bathroom.

Monday I showed you these fabric covered frames that I made on the cheap.


They are now hanging in their new home in our basement's half bath. There is a reason you've never seen this room before. It was {past tense} a dark and dreary room that nobody wanted to use, including myself. The walls were a dark gray and the lighting was awful. 

Since my budget {nearly nonexistent} didn't allow for any major changes to the room I decided to brighten it up and make it a more pleasant space.

Here is the before...




Here is the after...








To brighten up the space I painted the walls the same color as our basement {a lighter shade of gray} and added a new light fixture. WOW, just doing those two things made the room feel so much lighter. 

The budget didn't allow for a new mirror {I did look and drool over a few} so I spray painted the existing mirror white.

The fun part was adding all the cute accessories which I picked up at Hobby Lobby {all at 50% off}.

I'm so pleased with how the room looks now and glad that I was able to complete this mini makeover on a mini budget! Total spent on this room was right around $80.00.

Thanks for coming by!


                                                                                        Amy


Linking up to these fabulous parties...

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful transformation! I love the colors! I just launched my blog last week and am eager to get into this blog world! I would love some feedback! www.mymiseenplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome makeover for $80!!! I love the accessories you found at Hobby Lobby. Your fabric covered frames look perfect in there!

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love Hobby Lobby, one of my favorite places to shop for accessories! Thanks for you sweet comments!

      Delete
  3. i love that paint color with those rockin' floors! great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I love quickie bathroom makeovers because you can get such big results so fast. I'm all about instant gratification :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun transformation! First, I love the wall color, it's gorgeous. I also love how crisp and clean it looks now too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taryn! The lighter wall color is such a huge improvement! Now the room doesn't feel like a dark cave. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. What cute pictures! Very nice transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a transformation -- just the paint and lighting made a huge difference. Your accessories are the icing on the cake! Thanks so much for linking on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete