Wednesday, June 6, 2012

DIY CHORE JAR

With school out and my kids at home most days I decided to make a chore and allowance system to keep everyone on track and to save my sanity!

I used jars and containers I already had here at home {a glass pickle jar and three Crystal Light plastic containers}. I used leftover scrapbook paper and ribbon to spruce them up a little bit. The large size Popsicle sticks were the only thing I purchased {Hobby Lobby only $2.99}.




My kids can pick which chores they want to do {some chores are still assigned and mandatory}. Once a chore is completed they simply put that chore stick in their container. At the end of each week I can give them their allowance based on what chores they completed.

I'm hoping this system will help them stay motivated over the summer and help out around the house.


Now on a totally different subject. If you read my post from Monday you will remember my probably not too wise choice to take my girls to the puppy store where they each feel completely in love with two different puppies. So yesterday while I was putting together my chore jars Camryn decided to snag a jar for herself. She now has herself a PUPPY FUND JAR! I just had to share her jar.




Just remember not to throw out your old jars and containers. You never know when they might come in handy.

                                                                                     Amy





Linking up to 

10 comments:

  1. We have done something so similar to this in the past! Love it! Stopping by from Someday Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea!! I love using things from around the house to make something. The jar your daughter made is just too cute! I could totally see my daughter doing that!

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious. I knew it, we are alike. I love that you have a puppy fund now! I also think your chore jars are brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this idea.. I just love it... Thanks so much for linking up to the ALL STARS BLOCK PARTY....

    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! This is an awesome idea! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are REALLY cute! I love the Puppy fund jar!

    Newest follower. Thanks for linking up to the All Star Block Party!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is a great idea for summer chores!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also your newest Google Friend Connect Follower! It's great to e-meet you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think this is a great idea, something i think i might try with my eldest

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice idea Amy! My girls need this idea! Thanks for the inspiration!
    So happy you linked up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete