Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Dictionary page banner

It's finally beginning to feel like fall here in Ohio. The weather is getting a bit cooler and the foliage has begun changing color. I love the fall and all the beautiful colors that it brings.
 
Last week I attempted to bring a bit of fall to our home with a small mantel makeover and a diy banner made with pages from an old dictionary.
 

 
To make the banner I used some pages from an old dictionary. I gently ripped out some pages that had fallish {if that's a word} words on them like thanksgiving, leaves, etc.
 
I folded the pages into fourths and then tore them along the fold lines. I liked the look of the rough edges. I used scissors to make the banner shape.
 
I used foam stamps and paint to stamp on my letters.
 
I used my hot glue gun to attach the papers onto a piece of twine.
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today!
 
Amy
 
linking up this week to...

9 comments:

  1. I love this so much, thank you for inspiring me to make one of my own, I love the banner and it looks so fresh and pretty...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phyllis! I love quick and easy little projects!

      Delete
  2. AWESOME! I am all about repurposing stuff. And I was worried about how you did the letters - I was so happy to see that you used stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, stamping the letters on was so fast and easy and it looks great! So glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. Love it!! I love using book pages as decorations. Thanks for the great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you have done. You should come show off your creativity at our link party.
    http://obsessiveandcreative.blogspot.com/2013/10/craft-frenzy-friday-7.html
    The party will not be the same without you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to make one of these and never realized how easy they are to do. Thanks for giving me the inspiration to get crafty!
    I love your mantel too! : )

    Lori
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the banner - so simple, yet elegant. My favorite kind of decor. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete