Thursday, October 10, 2013

Our new addition...to the family room

I just wanted to pop in today and share the new addition I made to our family room.
 

 
It's the black and sand chevron indoor/outdoor rug from Ballard Designs. It works well with all our brown furniture and black accessories!
 
 
 
 
I'm still looking for ideas on how to address those quarter moon windows in the room. I would love to just cover them up with some built in bookcases on both sides of our fireplace, but the hubby is against the idea. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear from you.
 
Thanks for coming by today!
 
Amy
 
 
linking up this week to...

8 comments:

  1. The rug adds such a pop of personality to the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your arrangement above your couch is great! I especially like your family sign!! I'd love it if you would link up to Share Your Stuff Tuesdays this week at www.simplelifeofafirewife.blogspot.com !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I will try to hop over to your party!

      Delete
  3. Love the rug! We looked at this one for a client. What a smart idea to go indoor-outdoor in a high traffic area. A trick I've used myself :) Visiting from Liz Marie's link up!

    Catherine @ www.decoryouadore.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The indoor outdoor rug was inexpensive and plus with kids and a dog I figured it would get lot's of use. If it gets dirty I can just take it outside and spray it off. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  4. I like your new rug a lot! Ballard is one of my favorite design catalogs. As for the winows - I would try adding a long framed mirror below that is the same width as the window. Put a curtain rod between the two and hang a long curtain over it and then have it tie back to one side. It will give an illusion of more space and make the tall windows become more cohesive with the lower elements in the room. Sheri - designingdreams-sheri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your suggestion Sheri. Those windows really have me stumped and I didn't even think about hanging curtains. Great idea!

      Delete