Friday, March 1, 2013

Kitchen progress painted cabinets

Apologies for not checking in all week, but our kitchen remodel is kicking my butt {literally}!

I don't know if it's normal to be sore from head to toe from painting kitchen cabinets, but yep I am! It took me two long days of priming and painting, but our kitchen cabinets are now painted and look AMAZING! 

There are a million and one tutorials out there for painting cabinets so I'm not going to bore you with the details. I'm not going to lie to you either, painting cabinets SUCK! On the flip side it is so worth all the work because it makes such a HUGE difference.

Our kitchen was a crazy mess for most of this week. Since it's cold outside all the painting had to be done indoors. Our kitchen had doors and drawers all over the place.



I used Zinsser Bulls Eye primer because it sticks to just about anything.


For paint I used Behr silky white in a semi gloss finish.




Here's a little peek at how the cabinets turned out. Still have to wait a couple weeks for our new counter tops to arrive so you'll have to wait just a bit longer to see the whole kitchen.


Feeling relieved that all the major things are done. 
Construction and mess...check.
Paining cabinets...check.
New appliances...check.
New pantry...check.

Lot's of little details to complete still, but so HAPPY!

Have a great weekend!

                                                                                       Amy


linking up this week at...

4 comments:

  1. It is so worth it, I'm still in love with mine, a lot of work but so very worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the preview of the cabinets. They look great! Can't wait to see the finished kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to do the same thing and I think I've convinced my hubby. Did you sand at all or just prime and paint?
    I was wondering which tutorial to follow myself. Which one did you go with? Would love to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete