Friday, February 22, 2013

Kitchen remodel progress

We are officially one week into our kitchen remodel and things are moving along quickly. Monday I shared the pantry side of our kitchen and today I am going to show you the other side of the room.

This is what our kitchen looked like last Thursday. Clean, simple and BORING!



We were thrilled to remove the old white appliances and install new one's last Friday!




We removed the small upper cabinet above the microwave and replaced it with a much larger one.




My husband added crown molding to the cabinets and built a cornice box for above the window.



My plan for today is to do touch up paint on the kitchen walls and this evening we are ordering our new counter tops.

Hopefully this weekend my husband can finish the inside of our new pantry. Right now our dining room is doing double duty as a pantry and there are boxes and canned goods everywhere!

Enjoy your weekend!

                                                                                                 Amy



4 comments:

  1. New appliances are always a great way to update. We can't afford that right now, but I painted my cabinets a few years back and that helped. Hmm, I wonder if there is a paint for appliances? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remodeling your kitchen doesn’t need to be an expensive project. It just needs to have the perfect combination of elements. In my opinion, the first thing you would need to consider is the distribution of the kitchen cabinets. This is with accordance to the amount of space available. I think you did well with this part.

    Darryl Margulies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Darryl. We’ve been remodelling kitchens and my friends usually prefer cheaper projects. We thought that we just need a wider space for cooking and some nicer cabinets. Well, we’re pretty happy with the results and I’m glad to see that you were also able to make your kitchen look better with only a few changes. :)

    + Mirian Noonan +

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy!

    Can you please tell me the color of wall paint you used?

    ReplyDelete