Monday, March 25, 2013

Fabric covered memo board

I'm feeling much better now and looking forward to putting some finishing touches on our kitchen this week. I'm still waiting for that all important phone call letting us know our counter tops are ready! It should be sometime this week {so they say}!

Last week I was able to whip up a little memo board for the back of our pantry door. It's a great place to keep lists, menu's etc.



I started off with this bulletin board I picked up at a thrift shop for a couple bucks. I found the yellow chevron fabric {that I LOVE} at Hobby Lobby and used my 40% off coupon. I bought a yard of fabric for under $6.00 and only used half the fabric! 


I used my hot glue gun to attach the fabric and then used command strips to attach the board to the pantry door.



I love the pop of yellow on the black door! Plus it was super quick and easy to make!

Have a great day!

                                                                                       Amy 


linking up this week to...

20 comments:

  1. I love this, and the yellow gives it a nice pop as well! Stopping by from Sugar Bee :)

    RamblingReed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yellow chevron pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! I am in LOVE with anything chevron these days!

      Delete
  3. love the yellow!!

    would love it if you could share this on my linky party ~ serenity Saturday

    Natasha @ www.serenityyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable. i am loving the chevron patterns these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. Did you wrap the frame of it separately? The lines look so clean! I am your newest follower from the 'Diamond in the Stuff' blog hop.

    Justina @ http://justinawho.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute idea for an ugly board! I love it! Pinned! Julia @ www.juliakendrick.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute and fun! Love it! Come link up to Centerpiece Wednesday and share your post with us.
    http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2013/03/centerpiece-wednesday-and-wrap-up_26.html
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fabric you used - so bright and cheery. Are you going to use pops of yellow in your kitchen? Can't wait for the reveal!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! It's funny, I was just going to do this to a couple memo boards today!
    Selene @ Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! I love that chevron fabric too, I used it in my dining room spring decorating, adds such a cheery fun touch! Thanks for sharing,
    Krista @thehappyhousie.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW great job! I want to do this!
    I would love if you link this tomorrow morning!
    XOXO
    Isabelle
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes - love this pop of yellow!! I'm a huge fan of chevron - I think this looks so cute! Thanks for sharing at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so love chevron. It looks so great. I would do everything on my list if I had this one!

    http://getyourcraptogether.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! Such pretty chevron, too!
    My favorite!
    Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you painted your door and the bulletin board! Such a fantastic idea!

    Would love for you to show it off at Give Me the Goods link party where you can link to my blog and party with four other blogs via the one link.

    ~Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly
    http://www.marriedfiling-jointly.com

    ReplyDelete