Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas countdown pallet sign

Christmas is only nine days away and I realized I still needed to share this fun project that will help your little one's count down the days!


I started off by assembling my pallet sign and giving a light coat of white paint.


If you have a steady hand you can free hand your words onto the sign, but I'm not crazy about my handwriting so I printed out my wording on the computer.


I attached the paper to my board with tape and slipped a piece of carbon paper (black side down) underneath.


Then I traced over the words with a pencil.


Voila! Perfect wording! 

I used a small paintbrush to fill in the wording.
I found these cute chalkboards at Michael's that I hot glued on after the paint dried.


I used a needle and thread to string some festive pom poms and then hot glued the thread onto the back.


Add a hanger to the back and you are ready to start your countdown.

Cute, inexpensive, and easy a winning combination!


Linking up to...

4 comments:

  1. What a fun and unique way to count down the days! You could even change out the colors and use it to count down to birthdays, vacations or other special events. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a merry Christmas season!

    Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute project! And so fun to count down the days till Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute decoration with materials I could probably round up in my garage! This is my type of project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete