Thursday, January 15, 2015

Use what you've got WINTER SHELF makeover

    If you've read my blog before you know I have to be thrifty { a penny-pincher, cheapskate, tightwad} when it comes to decorating my home.

I used my favorite motto "use what you've got" to winterize {if that's a word} our entry shelf.



I had my eleven year old cut me out some paper snowflakes and used them as a garland across the shelf along with some pretty pom poms that I threaded onto string.



I coated the inside of a glass jar with blue paint and added some gold glitter for some extra bling! I used Picmonkey to whip up some cute little banner tags to print out. The wood sticks are actually skewers from our kitchen.



I made the wood sign myself with some extra wood and supplies.



I always feel a sense of accomplishment when I can do something by shopping the house and not spending any money!

P.S. I really don't want it to snow!

2 comments:

  1. So Adorable!!! and Thrifty ..Love..Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it! It makes me feel like winter isn't really that bad ;) Beautiful job on the sign!

    ReplyDelete