Wednesday, September 24, 2014

HARVEST wood sign

I love decorating for fall...I love the colors, flowers, pumpkins and even the smells that fall brings. My kids enjoy the caramel apples and fall festivities. 

I was feeling crafty last week and decided to see what kind of fall decor I could whip up with what I had here at home. I rummaged around in our shed and came back with some wood that would be perfect for some small decorative signs.

This is what I started with



I lightly dry brushed the wood with some gray paint


Once the paint dried I brushed on some white


I wrote out my wording in chalk before painting in case I made a mistake


I used a small paintbrush to hand paint on the words


Since I had two pieces of wood I decided to go ahead and make a winter sign as well




I'm still working on my fall decorating and I can't wait to share everything with you when I'm finished!


linking up this week to...



4 comments:

  1. These signs are so cool! I love the technique you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so cute and so pretty :) Great idea! Those signs at stores can cost so much. Glad you shared this over on the Serenity now Linkup thanks

    www.arrayofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the signs you made with leftover materials! Those are always the best projects because they're free! I hope you don't need the Let It Snow sign any time soon. I'm not ready for another Ohio winter! : (

    ReplyDelete