Thursday, September 11, 2014

Freezer meals round 2

A couple weeks ago I shared my first experience with making freezer meals (you can find that here). That was a LONG day, but it was worth all the work because those meals lasted my family for two weeks. It was a life changer for me, and something I now plan on doing every two weeks.

Last week I decided on some new recipes and went grocery shopping for all the ingredients. Friday I got to work putting everything together.

My freezer is now stocked with enough meals for more than two weeks! 



Right now we have a standard side by side freezer which is rather small in my opinion. I would love to have a freezer chest as well, but my husband and I are stumped as to where to put one. So for now I'm somewhat limited in how many meals I can make at a time.

Here are the meals I made for this round.


Teriyaki chicken



Spaghizza (spaghetti pizza)


I made mine without the spinach.










I made two of each recipe and almost thirty of the breakfast burritos. I also made three servings of hamburgers that we can easily throw on the grill for dinner.

It has been such a relief the last two weeks not having to worry about rushing to put dinner together. Plus my family is getting to try some new recipes.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I really need to do this too.It would be so nice to have everything ready and not have to worry about dinner every night. We bought a freezer chest a few years ago and it's great! I stock up when I'm at Costco and freeze a lot. We put our freezer in the unfinished part of our basement along with a storage cabinet to hold extra pantry items.

    ReplyDelete