Friday, August 29, 2014

Home tour

Where does the time go? It's hard to believe that summer is over and the kids are back in school. My son is a sophomore this year and my girls are both in middle school 8th and 6th grade (yes my baby started middle school this year). Now that school is back in session it means I am babysitting again and chasing around a super fast crawling 13 month old cutie pie. I only babysit three days a week so I'm hoping to find time to squeeze in some projects!

One thing I've been wanting to do for awhile is put together an updated home tour and answer some common asked questions about my home. Feel free to scold me now, I'm a terrible blogger and sometimes I get too busy or forget to answer some of your questions (I am sorry). I thought this would make it easier for readers to get those answers.

Let's get started...

foyer

The paint colors are Valspar barnwood (darker) and Valspar Khaki (lighter)

You can read more about my foyer below

Craft room/office

My desk and bookcases are all from the expedit series at Ikea. I painted the striped curtains and patterned wall.

You can read more about this room below

Dining room

More on my dining room here.

Kitchen

The most common question I get asked about our kitchen is the size of our pantry, it is 42" x 45"

You can read all about our kitchen remodel below

half bathroom

family room

You can find my diy wood sign tutorial here.
Family room before here.

mudroom

Our mudroom is my favorite makeover simply because this room didn't exist when we bought our home, it was part of our garage. 

The mudroom is roughly 9 feet x 4 feet
the shoe cubbie/bench is 16" deep

To see the entire room being built you can check out part 1part 2, or skip to the big reveal.

basement

Paint color is Glidden wood smoke
Our basement is the perfect place for our family to relax together and watch a movie. It is also great for when the kids have friends over!

Before it became strictly a game/theatre room it also doubled as my scrapbooking space.

You can see all my basement posts here.

kid's bathroom

You can find more about their bathroom below

boy bedroom

The room color Behr retro avocado.
Yes I painted his fan and I still love it

For more room details and pics go here.

girl bedroom

This girl has loved pink since... FOREVER! Now that she is getting older she has decided for her next birthday we should makeover her room! Yeah she is my mini me. Even though her birthday is a whole nine months away we've already been talking about colors and bedding etc. 

You can see her entire room here, and her zebra desk makeover here.

Chevron girl bedroom

Her room is Olympic secret passage and the dark in the chevron and on dresser is Behr elephant skin (same as master bedroom).
You can see more of her completed room here along with a detailed price breakdown. 

master bedroom


Paint color is Behr elephant skin.

Our master bedroom was completed on a tight budget of $3oo. You can see before photos and price breakdown here.

master bathroom

Paint color is Behr graceful gray.
Patterned towels were purchased at Meijer.

View bathroom reveal here along with the before pictures.

laundry room

Laundry room reveal here.


Thanks for checking out my home tour!

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.


Linking up to the following

13 comments:

  1. I love your house Amy and it was nice to see a new tour of all the rooms!! I love all the updates you've done and my favorite is the mudroom you added. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! That mudroom has changed my life!

      Delete
  2. Nice Home Tour! The Chevron bedroom is darling!!

    Paige.Rose
    www.TheQuaintSanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paige. I was really worried that painting a chevron wall would be too hard, but it wasn't too difficult. Just thankful that my husband was there to help with the measuring!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful house! Love all the touches you have used...especially the patterns in each room.

    Deb
    @Seeking Lavender Lane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great home tour! I've been putting mine off until my house is clean enough to photograph...hehe. I love all the stripes and playful patterns you injected. Thanks for linking up to The DIY'ers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed your home tour, Amy! You have done an amazing job on chevrons and stripes -- they are just stunning! I also really like your stairway gallery wall with the pop of turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is beautiful, I love every room. It is also our most viewed (along with your early fall shelf decor) post this week at our linky party so you're being featured. The post will be live on 9/10 so come check it out and I hope you'll share more of your projects with us. Have a great week.
    ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really LOVE your home deco! 😄😄😄

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! Love all the chevron and stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Love it all - the striped and chevron walls you did are fab! Thanks for sharing at the Pretty Preppy Party! Pinning :) xx, b @ being-bianca.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have done some really cute things in your home! Thanks for linking up to the Pretty Preppy Party! Heather @ Southern State of Mind http://www.southernstateofmindblog.com/

    ReplyDelete