Thursday, April 3, 2014

Painted chipboard planter

I'm back today for a simple and quick project that I recently 
picked up at the Target "dollar spot" for just $3.00! 
I knew this could be a cute little spring project!




All you need is a planter of some sort, paint, stamps, and some flowers.

The planter started off like this...


I removed the jute handles and then gave the planter two coats of white semi gloss paint. I let it dry and then used some foam stamps from my scrapbooking stash to dress it up a little. I reattached the jute handles and added two small pots of flowers. Since the planter is chipboard I remove the flowers when watering them.

About thirty minutes and only $7.00 {$3.00 for planter and $4.00 for the flowers}. 




Thanks for coming by!

Amy

Linking up this week to...

8 comments:

  1. This is really great! I love that you used upper and lower case letters for the word, enjoy. Did you cut them out first with a die cut machine? I may have to borrow your idea because the effect is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana! Nope I just used a foam stamp that I already had!
      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. What a great project! I love the large letter stamps you used. Looks like I need to visit the Target dollar spot! : ) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. doggone it by the time I get to Target all the good new stuff is gone. Happens all the time. Hmm, maybe I could make my own? Worth a try. I have some chipboard paper I got at Michaels, pretty sturdy stuff. Great planter, love how your prettied it up to hold some pretty Spring flowers. How big is your planter, would love to try copying it. Happy Spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My local Target store didn't carry these either, I actually found it at a Target that I don't normally visit (they had a way cooler dollar spot)! My planter is 7.5" w at bottom and 9" w at top x 4.5" H x 5.5" across opening.

      Delete
  4. Hi Amy! What a great project! Thank you so much for sharing at Best of the Weekend and will be pinning! Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and easy project! Love the lettering. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete