Thursday, April 10, 2014

Coral bathroom vanity

My kids bathroom has been in a state of limbo for months now {and still is}. I wanted to bring in some color and brighten it up. What I thought would be a quick little makeover has been in the works since November when I shared the new towel holder I made {here}.

Then the holidays came, and then my surgery and recovery. The bathroom sat for months and months. I have stuff lined up all along the hallway outside the bathroom just waiting to be addressed.

Last weekend I got started again on the bathroom by painting the vanity coral {the paint had been sitting there since before my surgery}.

Here she is now...




It's hard to get a great picture I either had to stoop inside the bathtub or on the hallway floor.

The color is Japanese Kimono by Behr.

It is bright and the husband isn't too crazy about it, but I love it! Now I can't wait to get the walls painted and add some accessories.

Amy

linking up this week to...

10 comments:

  1. I love the vanity painted coral! It's such a bright and happy color. Can't wait to see what else you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color! Bathrooms can be so boring and predictable, I really like that you are giving yours a bright and fresh look. It mixes in nicely with the shower curtain and towel holder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audra! I can't wait to finish up the room!

      Delete
  3. Amy I have the exact same vanity and I am loving what you did with yours! I played it safe by using Old White Chalk Paint on mine but you have me rethinking that decision. Glad I found you at the Bouquet of Talent Party :)
    Marie @ The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not one to go too bold with color, but since it's a kid's bathroom and upstairs I thought I would "go for it". Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love your color choice! I've used coral on a few dressers and it just makes me smile! This will be a bright and happy bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh la! Coral! This is soooo pretty! I love Behr! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy do I understand about stalled projects! The bath turned out great. Thank you for sharing at the party. Happy Easter! Blessings ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color choice!! Thank you for sharing it at Fluster's #CreativeMuster Party, I hope that you'll be sharing with us again.
    Hugs, Smiles and Blessings.
    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete