Tuesday, April 29, 2014

gray and coral kid/teen bathroom

My kid's bathroom is finally completed! After starting and stopping and starting again it is finally finished!

My kids are growing up way to quickly and with two teenagers (one boy and one girl) and a ten year old daughter I wanted this bathroom to represent their fun and quirky personalities! When we first moved here three years ago I played it safe and went with brown and blue and a little boring! I think it's safe to say it isn't boring anymore!











I began this little makeover all the way back in November when we needed a new towel holder (you can read about it here). I also fell in love with the bright shower curtain from Target at the same time. Then the room sat until February when I tackled the brown trim and removed the ugly builder's towel bar and toilet paper holder.





I had a great time prying those things off the walls! My husband wasn't too thrilled to come home from work and find three holes in the drywall!

Before we could even begin on patching the drywall I had some unexpected health issues that put our lives on hold for two months (I promise I will be sharing that story soon).

Once I was back to my old self again I got my husband on board to fix the holes and last week I got the room painted and decorated!

Here is a quick look at the before...


and after...

I completed the room for around $130

I used leftover paint from our master bathroom Behr graceful gray on the walls and a sample size of Behr Japanese kimono on the vanity.
The most expensive change was the light fixture. You can't see it in the before pics but we had a hideous builders boob light (you all know what I'm talking about).
The kids also got new towels. The coral towel is from Meijers and the turquoise and gray towels are from Target. I also found the glass jars at Target in the "dollar spot" as well as the green toothbrush holders.
I kind of stumbled upon the canvas artwork at a local Big Lot's store that was going out of business. Everything was 50% off so I only paid $7.50.

Everything came together perfectly and the kids are glad to finally have a completed bathroom!

Thanks for coming by!

Amy

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE the colors. That shower curtain would go well in my bathroom, except for the fact that I have shower doors! I hopped over from The Winthrop Chronicles share it linky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun colors! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! What a fun and bright bathroom you created for your kids. I really like how you used the scraps of wood for the clock and towel holder. The canvas art was a great find and looks perfect on the shelf. Great job! Let me know if you figure out how to get the kids to keep it clean. My kids bathroom is always a mess! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! I don't think I'll ever figure out how to keep the room clean or the toilet paper hung up!

      Delete
  5. So colourful and fun! I love the sunshine artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I love shopping at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shower curtain is awesome! I love the colors of this whole room. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I fell in love with the shower curtain as soon as I saw it at Target! Glad you could stop by!

      Delete
  8. I bought the same shower curtain a while back for my kids' bathroom and haven't done anything else because I couldn't decide what colors to pick out from the curtain. Their walls were already are turquoise, so with the bright colorful curtain I've stuck with gray hand towels and rugs so far. Love the coral vanity! And I really like the sunshine artwork. Nice job!
    (I came from Someday Crafts link party. Happy to find your blog!)
    http://www.yankeebellehome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, definitely not a boring bathroom. Great job, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful and thrifty makeover! I love the colors and the sunshine art piece is perfect!

    ReplyDelete