Thursday, January 23, 2014

Basement update

Okay I know I'm not the only one who is sick to death of all this snow and freezing cold temperatures! My kids have had seven snow days so far and so many delays I've lost track. We haven't had a normal day this week and I'm sure they'll have a delay again tomorrow. It makes me want to pack up and move somewhere warm...like Hawaii {I've watched too much  Hawaii Life recently}! Only 55 more days until spring!

Now that I've ranted about how much I hate winter let me show you some pics of our basement/family room/game room/home theater {if you can't tell it serves many purposes}. I recently realized that ever since I moved my craft space upstairs and my husband moved the new pool table downstairs I hadn't shared any updated photos. You can see the original basement reveal here.

Since then we've purchased a new sofa and rearranged some things. My husband also gave the fireplace a little makeover. This is what our basement looks like today.



Our family of five easily fits on our new sofa for movie nights.



That corner used to be my scrapbook nook. Of course it was prettier to look at, but this arrangement better suits our family. I hate the look of those gigantic arcade games, but my husband and kids like them so they stay for now!

My husband used old pallet wood to surround the dart board. He quickly learned that we pretty much stink at darts and the poor wall was beginning to look like swiss cheese. 






That's the tour of our basement. It's definitely a space for our family to play and hang out together. 

Thanks for coming by!

Amy

linking up to...

4 comments:

  1. I love your finished basement and the movie/game theme you used. I really need to update our basement family room and want to do a movie theme in there. I love the dartboard surrounded with old pallet wood! Would you mind sharing where you found the popcorn art?

    Have a great weekend & stay warm!

    Lori : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! I found the popcorn art at Hobby Lobby. They have a great selection of movie/game room themed items!

      Delete
  2. What a great space to have and perfect for a basement. When it gets messy, no one has to see it! I'm sure your family loves it! Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely weekend! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this space. So causal and welcoming with 'real life' fun stuff to do! We don't have a basement, but if we did, i would set it up just like yours. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete