Monday, January 13, 2014

mudroom update and a chalkboard wall

It's been almost an entire year since we built our mudroom and let me tell you that room is a life saver! BEST DECISION EVER! You can see the original reveal here.

I've been happy with the room, but last week decided to give it a minor face lift. I swapped out the artwork over the shelf. I painted one wall with chalkboard paint. Set up a command center with a spot for all the kids homework and papers, and lastly painted the door blue (the door was black but next to the new chalkboard wall it made the tiny space too dark). 

It was really hard to get good photos of the space since it's so small, but here is what it looks like now.







If you follow me on instagram you've seen that my kids have already put some finishing touches on the chalkboard wall!

Thanks for stopping by!

Amy

linking up to...

10 comments:

  1. I am working on a communication center for our kitchen and was toying with maybe painting the wall in black chalk paint - now that I see yours I am really liking the idea. Love what you have done... Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the mudroom your hubby built and the chalkboard wall is such a great idea. I would love to have an area like that to keep all our stuff so it's not all over the house. Everything looks great Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mudroom. The way my house is built a mudroom is out of the question. However maybe I can talk my husband into a chalkboard wall.

    Jamie
    thekoenigscreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! I've been slowly turning our entry closet into a mushroom closet but have only gotten as far as painting lol. Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great, Amy! I love how the wall has a place for everything. This is a great place to start the day with the right attitude--especially after seeing great quotes on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. REALLY want a chalkboard wall in our home! We have textured walls, so that has been holding me back! ~Kelly @ Eyes On The Source

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your chalkboard wall with all the organizers! The pictures of your family are great too. Thank you for sharing it at to What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! That's one of my next projects, a command center wall. We already have a huge chalkboard wall in the kitchen for my son's school words. I am just not sure if I should incorporate the two or have it separate. And I have been wanting to add some colour to my door in the mud/laundry room too! I just need spring to come first...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amy, I am thrilled to have found this post, since I am just working on the very same area in my house. Pinned for sure. I follow you now via BLOGLOVIN. Christine from Little Brags http://littlebrags.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love chalkboard walls, and yours is no exception! Great job!! I just did one myself, and I was surprised at how much time it takes to prime it, etc., but so worth it!!

    Jeannine @ The Concrete Cottage

    ReplyDelete