Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pinterest challenge...no sew pillow cover

I can do a lot of things...paint, scrapbook, knock down walls, but one thing I can't do {not even a little} is sew! When I saw a tutorial for no sew pillow covers on Pinterest I have to admit I was a little skeptical. I mean really pillow covers made with fabric glue. I had to try it for myself!
I followed Virginia's tutorial from livelovediy. The only changes I made were the size of the cover { I was covering a pillow I already had}.
 
The only thing I purchased was the liquid stitch from Hobby Lobby. I already had the pillow and fabric. Of course I also had my laptop with tutorial handy.
 
 
I have to say I was surprised at how strong the fabric glue was and for a first attempt I was really pleased. I think I will definitely be making more pillow covers in the future.
 
 
 The envelope closure in the back turned out great! Super easy to take off and wash if needed {yes this glue is supposed to withstand the wash}.

Overall I am thrilled with how quick and easy this project was and I love the end result! Another Pinterest success!

Amy


linking up to...
workitwednesday, serenitynow
 


No comments:

Post a Comment