Monday, November 4, 2013

faux wood bookcase makeover

Hi all! Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I've had my hands full with my newest adventure...babysitting. I recently started babysitting an adorable 3 month old baby boy for some family friends. I forgot how time consuming babies can be and haven't been able to get much done! I'm hoping that we'll get more of routine down and I'll be able to carve out a little diy time for myself!
 
One thing I've been wanting to get done for months now is sprucing up the laminate bookcases that now live in our master bedroom. Over the summer I redecorated my daughters bedroom and we relocated her bookcases to our master bedroom. You can see her new room here and our master bedroom here.
 
It all started months ago when I saw some awesome faux wood backed bookcases KariAnne at thislewood farms had done. She even shared where she found this cool paper...my favorite store, Hobby Lobby! To read her full tutorial {if you haven't already} head on over.

The paper comes in a huge roll {4ft x 12ft} for only $8.99 plus I used my 40% off coupon! I used double sided tape to attach the paper to bookcase.
 
 

 
 
 
 
The paper totally transforms the look of the bookcases and the best part was the price!
 
Now I can't wait to decorate and fill the shelves with all my favorite things!
 
Have a wonderful day!
 
Amy
 
 
linking up to...
 
 
 

TDC Before and After

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is my kind of transformation! Inexpensive, few supplies, and dramatic change! Now, if only we had a Hobby Lobby here in town! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's just paper? wow! what a great new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is very cool paper and looks amazing in your bookcase!

    ReplyDelete