Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back to school shelf display

It's hard to believe that my kids will be returning to school next week. Just six more days until early mornings, packing lunches and homework! Although I am always sad to see the summer end it is nice to get back into a routine.
 
 
I have a small shelf in our entry hallway that I usually decorate to suit the seasons. I thought it would only be fitting to decorate a back to school display for the kiddos!
 
 

 
 
 
 
I got the idea for this notebook painted frame here. I painted my frame white and then used a red pen, blue pen, and a ruler to make the lines. I used some leftover cork to fill the frame and added a little school countdown.
 
 
 
I found the free Dr. Seuss printable here!
 
 
Now I'm off to clean up the paint mess my girls left me in the kitchen! Only six more days!
 
                                                                                                     Amy
 
 
linking up to...
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. I have to do this! I love it! What great way to create anticipation for the great day ;)

    visiting from happy go lucky blog and pinning this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ursula!
      we've (well I've} had fun counting down the days until school starts! Thanks for the pin!

      Delete
  2. I love this - we started school this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel. We started school on Wednesday and are just beginning to get in the swing of things again!

      Delete
  3. Very nice! My daughter is counting the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!! So cute!! Gets ya in the school spirit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I'm hosting a giveaway for $100 in throw pillows at my blog. You should swing by and enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/08/throw-pillow-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea. Love Dr. Suess! I can't believe it's almost time for the kids to return to school. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is TOO cute! I'd love for you to link it up on my DIY Weekend feature!

    mrandmrswinslett.blogspot.com/2013/08/diy-weekend.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet tribute to back to school. I love the cup full of pencils and the note card countdown.

    ReplyDelete